Pickled Herring with Cream & Onions
Fresh from our pickling barrels, Russ & Daughters herring is the gold standard when it comes to this cherished food. If you’re used to the prepackaged kind in a can or jar, with one bite of fresh Russ & Daughters herring, you’ll never settle again. Over our 100 hundred year history, the Russ family has perfected its recipe: not too sweet and not too tart, with the right combination of pickled spices and timing for perfect texture.
3 Fillets = 21 or 24 pieces
Simply serve with a starch — potato, bread, or crackers — and enjoy! Pair with vodka, aquavit, crisp white wine, or even sake for an unforgettable combination.
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions, unless otherwise noted. Also, it cannot be purchased with promotional gift cards or referral credits.
Instructions / Storage
Herring has been a popular fish for centuries, primarily because of its long shelf life. Kept refrigerated, pickled herring in plain sauce, mustard and dill, curry, schmatlz, and rollmops will keep for 2 weeks in refrigeration. Pickled herring in cream sauce & Swedish matjes should be consumed within 6 days. Holland herring is more delicate and should be consumed within 3 days of purchase.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Russ & Daughters ships Monday-Friday of each week
- No deliveries Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.